- Ethiopia announced a tender for the purchase of 70,000 tonnes of milling wheat.
- In the first 10 months of 2017, rice export from Vietnam reached 5.05 million tonnes, worth $ 2.25 billion. Compared to the previous year, the exported quantity is 22.3% higher.
- In November, grain export from Russia will reach 4.7 million tonnes, according to RusAgroTrans forecast. The previous estimate was for export of 4.5 million tonnes. Wheat export will reach 3.7 million tonnes at 2.67 million tonnes in November 2016. Barley export will be 450,000 tonnes (+ 180%), 500,000 tonnes of corn given the record of November 2016 - 794,000 tonnes. For the whole 2017/18, grain export from Russia will be 44.3 million tonnes given the previous forecast of 43 million tonnes, wheat 34 million tonnes (+ 26%), barley 4.9 million tonnes (+ 180%), corn 4.8 million tonnes (5.24 million tonnes). Grain crop in Russia during the season will be 132.8 million tonnes (120.7), incl. wheat 83.5 million tonnes (73.3), barley 20.5 million tonnes (18), corn 13.3 million tonnes (15.3).
- Tunisia purchased 92,000 tonnes of feed barley for February 2018 shipment at price of 207.08 - 208.19 USD / mt, C & F.
- As of November 22, 2017, 941,700 tonnes of corn were harvested in Belarus at average yield of 7.7 mt/ ha.
- Turkey purchased 113,435 tonnes of corn for November - December 2017 shipment at price 179.10 - 181 USD / mt, C & F.
- Turkey purchased 48,000 tonnes of feed barley at prices quoted in Turkish lira.
- South Korea's Agro-Fisheries & Food Trade Corp purchased 118,900 tonnes of rice with delivery in December 2017 - March 2018. Prices are within the range of 709 - 856.47 USD / mt, C & F.
- Japan purchased only 7,560 tonnes of barley and 380 tonnes of forage given a planned purchase of 200,000 tonnes of barley and 120,000 tonnes of wheat.
Oil crops and vegetable oils
- According to official data from Russia, between August-October 2017, 75,400 tonnes of rapeseed were exported from the country at 22,700 tonnes a year earlier. The major buyers were Mongolia 39% and China 26% of the export.
- According to forecast of Oil World, in 2017/18 global soybean production will be 233.4 million tonnes, which will be by 9.3 million tonnes more than the previous season. This will be the fifth consecutive season with a growth in production. Export of the product will also be record - 67.13 million tonnes (+2.4). Export will grow at expense of Argentina - 32.3 million tonnes (31.51), Brazil 15.1 million tonnes (13.76), and the United States 10.75 million tonnes (10.52).
- As of November 1, 2017 sunflower stocks in Ukraine are 7.26 million tonnes, which is 9.2% less than last year. Stocks of soybeans are 1.186 million tonnes (-1.3%). Rapeseed stocks are 331,900 tonnes (+ 77.9%).