- Egypt's Ministry of Agriculture awaits instructions by the government with regard to the court decision on suspension of import of wheat with any content of ergot.
- In 2017. corn production in Germany will grow 9% from last year to 4.37 million tonnes, according to forecast of the Grain Producers Association in Germany. The previous forecast was for a crop of 4.3 million tonnes.
- In 2017 grain crop in Ukraine will reach 62.2 million tonnes, which is 5.9% less than the previous year. Corn crop will reach 24 million tonnes (28).
- In October, 575,359 tonnes of barley were exported from Russia, which is 3.1% more than September and 350% more than in October 2016. Since the beginning of the season, 2.517 million tonnes of barley were exported (+ 180%). The major customers are Saudi Arabia with a share of 40.6%, Iran 28% and Jordan 9%.
- Iran announced a tender for the purchase of 200,000 tonnes of forage barley and 200,000 tonnes of corn.
- According to official data from Romania, between July and September 2017/18, 781,000 tonnes of barley were exported from the country, which is 20% less than last year. Major buyer of barley was Saudi Arabia 266,650 tonnes (519,000 tonnes a year earlier).
Oil crops and vegetable oils
- According to Cofco's forecast, in 2017/18. China's soybean import will reach 100 million tonnes.
- Egypt's state-owned company GASC purchased 32,500 tonnes of sunflower oil at price of 790 USD /m t and 10,000 tonnes of soybean oil at price of 790 USD / mt. In addition, 10,000 tonnes of soybean oil were purchased at 14,670 Egyptian pounds (831.63 USD / mt), for January 2018 shipment.
- On November 14, 2017, palm oil quotes at the Kuala Lumpur Stock Exchange fell to 4 weeks low - 648.7 USD / mt. The decline is in line with the softening oil prices in Chicago and the drop of oil prices in China.
- According to the Cofco Group's forecast, in 2017/18 China's soybean import will reach 100 million tonnes. Growth is due to higher consumption of soybean meal to feed the animals. The official forecast for import is 95.97 million tonnes and that of USDA 97 million tonnes. China's soybean import will be 95.5 million tonnes in 2017 (+12.3 million tonnes compared to 2016). After growth of soybean stocks in China, at the beginning of 2018 the import will decrease.
- In the last two seasons, soybean oil production in Russia increased by 158,000 tonnes to 808,000 tonnes in the current year. According to forecast of APC - Inform, it could reach 854,000 tonnes. The domestic consumption of soybean oil will be 350,000 tonnes and the export of 500,000 tonnes.
- According to Oil World's forecast, in October - November, soybean export from Brazil will reach the record 5.33 million tonnes at only 1.97 million tonnes a year earlier. The export of soybean oil will be 0.32 million tonnes (0.16) and soybean meal 3.84 million tonnes (2.6).
- Over the next five years, Cofco plans to purchase soybean from the Brazilian state, Mato Grosso. Purchases are expected to grow to 7.2 million tonnes from 4 million tonnes now. Investments in total of $ 459 million are planned, including 30 warehouses.
- According to AgRural data, as of mid-November, in Brazil 57% of the soybean- areas are sown. In the last week campaign was completed on 14% of the areas.
- In 2017/18, soybean crop in China will be 14.7 million tonnes, according to IGC, which is 1.8 million tonnes less than last year. The ending stocks of rapeseed in the country will be 15.2 million tonnes.