- The Egyptian government continues to accept Russian wheat under the terms the deals were concluded at. The controversial case is about the content of ergot in the wheat, which has so far remained at level of maximum 0.05%.
- According to USDA , as of November 19, 2017 in the United States, winter wheat has sprouted so far at 88% of crops given 88% a year earlier and 88% on average over the past five years. In good and excellent condition are 52% of the crops (54% and 58%).
- In the first 4 months of 2017/18, 157,600 tonnes of milling wheat were exported from Ukraine, which is 24% more than the previous season - 127,200 tonnes. China exported 45,800 tonnes of flour (14,900 tons a year earlier).
- According to USDA , 90% of corn areas were harvested in the US as of November 19, 2017 (96% last year and 95% on average over the last five years).
- The condition of winter crops in Ukraine is better than that of last year, according to the assessment of UkrAgroConsult. Moisture in the soil is at a higher level. It is planned that 7.2 million hectares will be planted with winter grain crops in Ukraine. with wheat 6.1 million hectares, winter barley 924,000 hectares and winter rye 158,000 hectares. Wheat has been already sown on 97% of the areas. The share of winter wheat in the total wheat crop is 95%. 821,000 hectares (60%) are sown with winter barley and with rye 147,000 hectares.
- According to forecast of the Russian Grain Union, in 2018 grain crop in Russia will hardly reach the 2017 level - the record 130 million tonnes.
- As of November 1, 2017, grain stocks in Russian agricultural and processing plants were 56.355 million tonnes, which is 7.757 million tonnes more than the same date in 2016, according to Rosstat.
- As of November 20, 2017, 13,704 million hectares of grain were harvested in Ukraine, with 57.345 million tonnes of grain harvested at average yield of 4.18 mt/ ha. 19.087 million tonnes of corn were harvested, on 81% of the areas.
- According to USDA forecast, rice crop in India will be 108 million tonnes in the current season, which is 2 million tonnes less than last year. Initial stocks of rice in the country will be 19.4 million tonnes, consumption 99.3 million tonnes, export 10.5 million tonnes and ending stocks 17.6 million tonnes.
Oil crops and vegetable oils
- According to USDA, as of November 19, 2017, 98% of the soybean areas were harvested in the United States (98% last year and 97% on average for the past five years).
- Since the beginning of 2017/18, 2.5 million tonnes of oil crops have been exported from Ukraine, which is 1.1 million tonnes more than the previous year. 1.8 million tonnes of rapeseed (+1) and 700,000 tonnes of soybean (700,000) were exported.
- According to latest IGC forecast, in 2018/19 soybean crop in Argentina will be 54 million tonnes, which is 2 million tonnes less than the previous forecast. In the current season the crop will reach 55 million tonnes. The initial soybean stocks will be 9 million tonnes during the season under consideration, export 8.6 million tonnes, consumption 50.6 million tonnes and ending stocks 5.1 million tonnes.
- According to Oil World, between January and October 2017, Paraguay exported 5.67 million tonnes of soybean given 5.36 million tonnes a year earlier. To Argentina 1.37 million tonnes of soybean (0.67), 1.78 million tonnes (1.39) to the EU, to Turkey 0.8 million tonnes (0.68), and to Russia 515,000 tonnes (985,000) were exported. Export of soybean meal was 550,000 tonnes (650,000) and of soybean oil 1.9 million tonnes (2.3). Bangladesh exported 89,000 tonnes of soybean oil (172,000). Export of soybean meal to the EU was 0.99 million tonnes (1.18). Soybean crop in Paraguay in 2017 was 10 million tonnes, and in 2018 a drop to 9.75 million tonnes is expected.
- According to traders estimate, in December, vegetable oil import to India will reach 600,000 tonnes at 750,000 tonnes in October. Consumers in the country will focus primarily on oils domestic production. Despite the rise in tariffs, seasonal imports of oil to India will reach 15.5 million tonnes at average of 14.5 million tonnes.
- As of November 20, 2017, 11.819 million tonnes of sunflower were harvested in Ukraine on 99% of the areas.